Saturday, October 1, 2022

Seemingly random drawing of Bible verses as a message from the Lord.

I petitioned the Lord.

I asked, within me, directed to Him, what I could do to improve my walk.  I asked for a sign, and remember, I hesitate in part to ask for signs because Jesus seemed almost exasperated that people in his day continually wanted signs.  But they wanted signs to prove their faith.

I have the faith, on the other hand, have the belief, and asked for direction from the Lord, not proof of his superiority.  I have zero doubt in the Lord.  I submit to the Lord.

What I wanted was direction.

So I did something strange.

I took my fingers along the pages of the Bible and seemingly randomly selected a word, not unlike a gambler drawing a random card, or like a Tarot reader might select a seemingly random card as an insight.

Top of the page, in the book Luke, Christ teaching the disciples how to pray.  

So that was what I needed.  Christ's instruction on how to pray.

And from there, my hope grows, hope through faith, hope through the word on a bedrock of faith.

So I could do it through prayer, advance my case.  Prayer, the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

new group

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FV7dX5JiIciAbA4R5PM2Rz Jesus and more Jesus.  Join in.