Wednesday, November 23, 2022

chain of blessings: on Thanksgiving 2022

Walking through the store, I saw a big beautiful turkey.  Immediately I thought of the joy of having enough turkey for the entire extended family.  I decided to purchase it, no matter what it cost.

So I was going to bless my family.

But the store blessed me first with a deal.  By spending so much money in addition to the bird, I was eligible for a discount, and got the bird for a much cheaper price than otherwise.

So the store blessed me.

Mind, my family are already a blessing on me, such as it is, for being in my life, active in my life, despite being busy in their own individual worlds.

When we look at chains of scripture like Ephesians, we are assured of blessings, as Paul says, "abundant", as if we were always to get more from a God that owns everything in existence.

Paul is of course thankful so much for his church family, in every epistle letter he spends a lot of time being thankful for them, and he wants them to know how glad he is to have brotherhood with them.

May we all be so mindful of our own blessings in daily life.

Give to the site if you want.

Blessings from

and Praise to

the God of All Consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

new group

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FV7dX5JiIciAbA4R5PM2Rz Jesus and more Jesus.  Join in.