Monday, October 2, 2023

editorial update and Psalm 118

So I started listening to podcasts early in the morning, sometimes before sunrise.  This is part of getting my mind in the proper setting to approach the day.  I have various subjects on my podcasting app, but the best, the ones that really do the most, are devotionals.  There's the Morning Mindset, a Christian app that recites some scripture and tries to be practical and positive about it, and there's the various TV people who post audio of their television programs as podcasts.

These have done wonders getting me centered and all "hyped-up", bolstering my enthusiasm for spreading the Gospel throughout the day.  I've even started re-organizing my day for the purpose of supporting the page, and bringing new avenues of content.

All for the glory of our mighty God.

Also, the classic hymn line that many of us sing joyfully at Vacation Bible School in our youth:

"This is the day that the Lord hath made; I will rejoice and be glad in it."

This line is taken from an even older hymn from some 2500-3000 years ago, Psalm 118, as translated thereafter from ancient Hebrew into the English language.

As Pastor Butch Bruton says, "God is good, all the time."  (roughly, en Espanol: "El Dio es bueno, todos los tiempos.")

And having spoken and quoted of "patience" earlier, I note that this podcasting/devotional binge first thing in the morning really goes against patience most of the time, making the Gospel seem more urgent than when I didn't have the morning devotional time.

But it certainly gives the Gospel a bigger, more important presence in my day, and I'm grateful for that.  It came from a productivity thing, talking about successful people reading and doing audiobooks early in the morning, and this came from a Christian evangelist, this mention.  But I steered the advice toward the Gospel, getting me hearing the good messages early, the Good News, such that I get to the proper mindset early in the day, and it tends to stay with me all through the day.

Somewhat later on in the day, I do my Bible readings from various sources, Spurgeon readings, and few other.  I recommend that too, a bit of the Bible everyday, even if its only a piece of a scripture: something to feed the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

new group

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FV7dX5JiIciAbA4R5PM2Rz Jesus and more Jesus.  Join in.