Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Post-Thanksgiving 2023

Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.


Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
 

Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
 

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
 

-Psalm 139

 

Tú conoces cuando me siento y cuando me levanto; desde lejos entiendes mi pensamiento.

Mi caminar y mi acostarme has considerado; todos mis caminos te son conocidos.

Pues aún no está la palabra en mi lengua, y tú, oh Jehovah, ya la sabes toda.
 

Detrás y delante me rodeas y sobre mí pones tu mano.

Tal conocimiento me es maravilloso; tan alto que no lo puedo alcanzar.

 

Watching stories of God's intervention, and it puts me in wonder.  The sick, the infirm, infants, and the elderly, healed by God's mighty hand, delivered from the slings and arrows of Satan.

God has a plan, and our lives fit into that plan, in some way.  Let us, in our daily walks, do Him honor, and give Him praise.

This, after Thanksgiving and the Psalm 100 and 103 quotations floating around everywhere--we survived, and gave praise.  Abundant food, and good times with family, here.  All in all, a great weekend, though we were reminded that some had less, and were in more dire circumstances, and us, such as it was, lacking somewhat in resources, could but pray for them and show them love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

new group

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FV7dX5JiIciAbA4R5PM2Rz Jesus and more Jesus.  Join in.