Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Predicatment of Temperament.

It was the message all along, that we strive to grab hold of a closer relationship with God, even as Paul said, an apostle, "not that I have attained...". 

Its ongoing, this thing, "sanctification", maturation in belief, growing in faith.

Not quite road rage it was the other day, but a cause that precipitated some salty language in the vehicle.  Got mad; temper stove up.

Immediately after the words came out of the mouth, embarrassed and ashamed at the lack of self-control that would cause a lot of composure in my person.  There was one mistake by another which costed me inconvenience.

My task would be to forgive, and if possible, help the offender.

But what did I do?  I popped-off verbally like a cherry bomb.  I was ashamed, and all the while, I could feel the neurochemicals retracting back to a more calm setting, the anger melting away.

"..not that I have attained..."

Not perfect, I am not perfect at all, but working towards being a better emissary of the Lord, working towards my own barrel of hair and so forth, my own turmoil of a sin nature inherited.

"...but I press on towards the high calling...."

Remember the cause for hope; pray for those in harm's way.  We are not leaders of nations, but humble people--let us exalt in God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

new group

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FV7dX5JiIciAbA4R5PM2Rz Jesus and more Jesus.  Join in.